Monday, 27 January 2014

£20 Make Up Challenge!

Recently I heard about the £20 make up challenge where you have to try and purchase make up products to do your whole face with out spending any more than £20! I watched some Youtube videos for inspiration, my fav is by beauty blogger FleurDeForce you should check this one out - Fleurdeforce Makeup Challenge Youtube . After watching Fleur's video I decided I would try out  the make up challenge for myself as it looked like it would be fun!

To begin with I used Rimmel's 'Fix & Perfect' Primer in shade 002. I bought this from Boots, the normal price is £5.99 but because I also bought a Rimmel foundation, it was half price at £2.99 - bargain! 
The foundation I bought was Rimmel's 'Match perfection' in shade 010 which is called 'light porcelain'. This is actually the lightest shade that Rimmel make but I don't think I could get away with a darker shade because I have such pale complexion! The foundation was £6.99 from Boots.

For my eyes I purchased an MUA eye shadow palette from Superdrug. The palette is called 'Ever After - Matte Palette' and contains ten different shades for only £3.99! I hadn't used MUA make up products before but I have to say I was really impressed especially because of how cheap the products are, I 'll definitely be using this brand again in the future!

Additionally for my eyes I used a black liquid eyeliner called 'Effortless Eye Liner' by 2True. This was also from Superdrug for only £1! The brush is not very flexible but for £1 I'm not complaining! To finish off my eyes I bought a volume and lengthening mascara from Savers called 'DermaV10 Luxurious Lashes'. I have to say this was definitely my top buy! The mascara was in a black box and straight away I was drawn to the packaging, the actual mascara is silver and shiny (as shown in the photo to the left) and just looked so sophisticated and beautiful. I knew I had to try it when I realised it was only £2! To be honest I wasn't expecting it to be that great but I have to say it works really well for curling and lengthening lashes - I'd definitely buy again! 

For my lips I stuck with the same make as the eyeliner and bought 2True's 'Colour Drench Lip Gloss' in shade one which is a dark pinky colour. I chose this colour because it is not too bold and goes nicely with the MUA eyeshadow for a nice neutral everyday look. I bought this lip gloss from Superdrug for £1.99. 

Finally, to complete my face I bought one of MUA's single powder blushers in a shade called 'Cupcake'. This was also bought from Superdrug at the very low cost of £1! The shade of the blusher is very similar to the lip gloss I bought so completes the look well. I will also be purchasing more
of MUA's blushers as they are soo cheap and actually work really well!

 The total cost of my make up for the £20 make up challenge was just under budget at £19.97! I really enjoyed doing this and think that it is great to experiment and try new brands every so often as you never know what you may find! There are loads of great buys out there which work just as well as the more expensive make up brands. I'd love to hear your views on the products I've bought & also recommendations for others that you've tried. Please feel free to leave me a comment! Thanks for reading, 



No comments:

Post a Comment